Beliefs are a sensitive issue for many people. Many people will immediately look at this list to find disagreements or things to argue about. Because of this, I developed this list based upon inclusive and empowering beliefs that I share with most followers of Christ. I’m not interested in copying/pasting any ‘cookie-cutter’ belief lists or linking to the beliefs of a specific denomination, but instead, I want to be inclusive because God is inclusive — everyone has been invited!
I am not interested in arguing or debating doctrines. Online isn’t the place for this type of dialog. With that said, here is my statement of beliefs:
- God’s greatest desire is for you to see a clear picture of His character. When you see Him clearly, you will find His love irresistible.
- Scripture is a road map. The Bible is God’s voice, speaking His love personally to you today.
- Jesus is the one who never changes in a universe that always does. Jesus is Creator, Sustainer, Savior, Friend, God’s Son, and God Himself!
- God’s vision for you is life as He lives it! God loves you, and wants to give you the highest quality of life imaginable.
- In the heart of God is a place you can experience as home. God loves you, and wants to spend time with you personally, one on one, as two close friends.
I believe that reading the Scriptures will help confirm these beliefs in your life as they have in mine.
Also, I believe that all other beliefs (Christian or otherwise) that are promoted today (including these five) need to be tested thoroughly upon the foundation that has been laid in the Bible!